Don’t Miss: Super Bowl!
27 Mar 2019
Make Ads Great Again: Perhaps in response to recent political and social turmoil, many brands looked to the past for inspiration, bringing stars back to their glory days and re-creating iconic spots.
The key learnings include:
- In a world where big events are global stages for brands to inspire and engage, we are seeing these events garner more money and attention from single advertisers than ever before – this was seen in the multiple ads from Jeep and Tide – clearly brands see the expense of ‘big reach’ to be worth it
- Tide went further by building in more triggers for audiences through additional on-screen integrations within the broadcast that extended the creative thrust of the ads – a smart way to make them resonate with viewers who see the ad break as bathroom time
- The best marketers looked at opportunities to harness social and digital in support of the ad creative, rather than trying to re-create lighting in a bottle ‘real-time’ interactions
- Celebrities were huge drivers of communication opportunities - extending reach through their social presence for brands like Monster and Amazon
- Netflix boldly used this event to ‘surprise launch’ a new film, setting up a possible Super Bowl streaming precedent to counter program network fare like ‘This is Us’
- Voice began to take center stage with Amazon promoting Alexa – expect more voice integration with TV in the future.